Yoga nidra is a guided meditation and unique combination of alert awareness and deep relaxation. It doesn’t involve physical expertise of any kind, making this simple practice available to everyone!
In this meditative practice, we are practicing letting go, surrendering, and simply letting ourselves, present ourselves, in the present moment.
Yoga nidra rejuvenates and renews the physical body by cultivating awareness in the body. It also empowers the practitioner to eliminate unconscious obstructions and energetic blocks that prevent us from living life to the fullest.
Yoga nidra settles the nervous system, and brings our body and mind into balance!
This ancient yogic practice is becoming increasingly popular in today stressful world, as a form of meditation and mind-body therapy.
- Reduces stress –feeling stressed is not our natural state of being, yet how many people can say the live stress free lives?
- Connect with yourself – restores the body, senses, and mind to their natural function and awakens an awareness of oneness, peace and tranquility.
- Improves sleep and alleviates insomnia – Yoga nidra trains the mind and body to relax and move more easily into the deeper states of sleep. Forty-five minutes of yoga nidra is equal to up to 3 hours of sleep!
- Sets an intention, so powerful it becomes life changing – The work done in yoga nidra with a sankalpa (an intention or positive affirmation) can facilitate life altering changes in one’s thought patterns, relationships and achievements. It is a tool that the yogis have been using for many years to achieve great feats.
- You get to experience yoga nidra and meet like minded people in a space of calm and peace.