Other wise known as the Sacral Chakra and the Cross Centre.
Associated with the colour orange; water element and the sense of taste.
It holds the basic principle if “creative reproduction of being.”
The symbol is a 6 detailed lotus.
This centre is connected in our body through the pelvic girdle, reproductive organs, kidneys and bladder. Liquid states in our body such as blood, lymphatic system, gastric juices and sperm. As well as gonads, ovaries, prostate gland; testicles and the regulation of the female cycle.
Purpose of Svadisthana Chakra
- It is the center if unfiltered primordial emotions, sexual energies and creativity.
- It is assigned to the water element, the source of biological life a corresponds to the emotional sphere.
- Participate in fertilizing and receiving of energies which permeate the whole of nature.
- This chakra is considered the real seat of Shanti. (“Female” aspect of God, in the form of creative energy. )
- On a physical plane it cleanses and purifies the body by decontaminating functions of the kidneys and bladder.
- On a spiritual level it manifests in the form of free flowing feelings.
- Our relationships are influenced by the functions of the second chakra.
Harmonious functioning of the Svadisthana Chakra
- This center displays itself in the natural flow of feelings.
- We are open towards others and behave naturally.
- Sexual union with a beloved partner brings an experience of an all embracing sense of union with nature and gradually grows towards inner wholeness.
- We feel the flow of creative life energy in body, mind and soul.
- Our senses are filled with awe and enthusiasm.
- Feelings are genuine and undistorted.
- Actions are creative, stimulating yourself and others.
- This often originates during puberty.
- If there is an uninhibited expression through childhood to puberty it may lead to sex life being suppressed or used as a drug.
- Could be traced back to infancy or childhood where there was possible lack of affection.
- Feelings become suppressed.
- This leads to lack of self esteem, emotional paralysis & sexual coldness.
- Life feels dreary as if it’s not worth living
Cleansing, Activating & Balancing the Cross Centre.
Moon meditations especially during a full moon to release past hurts.
Connecting with water, swimming bathing or simply drinking it.
Watching sunsets, visualising yourself surrounded in the colour orange.
Eating foods the colour of the blocked chakra. I.e. strawberries for root chakra; butternut squash or oranges for the Sacral Chakra.